After installing the SCVMM console you get the error message “Access to the path: “C:Program FilesMicrosoft System Center 2012 R2Virtual Machine ManagerbinAddInPipelinePipelineSegments.store” is denied.”
To resolve these issues, follow these steps:
- Locate the following folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2Virtual Machine Manager\bin
- Right-click the AddInPipeline folder, and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click Continue.
- Select the BUILTIN group, and then click Edit.
- Click the Select a principal link, type Authenticated Users, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close each dialog box that is associated with the properties.
The steps for this fix were originally taken form the Microsoft article below which relates to Update Rollup 1 for SCVMM 2012 R2 and a potential issue that might be encountered.